We respect you right to privacy and protecting it. We want to inform you what personal information we may collect and how it may be used.
- INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY SUBMIT TO THIS WEBSITE. We collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. You may voluntarily submit information to this website by leaving a comment, filling out a contact from, or subscribing to our newsletter.
- AUTOMATICALLY-COLLECTED INFORMATION. We automatically collect certain information about you and the device you are using to access this website. We may also collect information about the actions you take when you are using this website.
We also use third party advertisements to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geo-targeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We collect information and may use it in the following ways:
- Maintaining this website
- To send you newsletters. You may always choose to opt-out in each newsletter we send.
- To respond to your comments or questions
- To help you with user support
- To track advertising on this Website
- To protect against unauthorized activity
THIRD PARTY USE OF INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties but only when you authorize us to do so.
This website currently uses the following third-party providers:
GOOGLE Analytics. This third party tracks website traffic and provides information such as referrals and tracks user behavior. Google Analytics may track IP addresses but no other personal information is tracked by Google Analytics.
MAIL CHIMP - This third party is used to deliver newsletters. We store you name and email address for the purpose of sending newsletters.
At this time, we do not use any other third party applications. We will update this from time to time when this changes.
We do not sell, distribute or reveal your email address or other personal information without your consent or when required by law.
We may use anonymous data to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. This data does not identify you alone.
You may at any time prevent the setting of cookies by using a coressponding setting of your internet browser. This is possible in all popular internet browsers. If users do choose to deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our website may be usable.
We may engage with a affiliate marketing which is done by embedding links into this Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate program, a cookie will be placed in your browser to track sales for commissions.
Melissa Voigt a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
You may subscribe to our newsletter. This newsletter may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters allow us to analyize the success of online marketing campaigns. We may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. This allow this webiste to adapt content of future emails and newsletters to the interests of our readers. This information will not be passed on to third parties.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WHEN IT COMES TO PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- OPT-OUT. You may opt-out of all future newsletters and emails. We have a link at the bottom of all our our emails. You may also email email@example.com to be removed from our email list.
- Access. You may access all the personal information we have about you by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erase. In some situations, you may request that we erase your personal data. Please email email@example.com
- Note: We may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes to complete transactions.
We do not collect personal information from children under the age of 16.
If you have questions about this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of melissavoigt.com is to help you learn easy ways to save money and reach your goals. By sharing things I've learned, I hope to teach you do go and do BIG things!
This blog does require a number of costs to keep this website running - the website, tools, and more. I use affiliate links and ads when available.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) revised their guidelines in 2008 to protect you against misleading advertisements by a company or individual. We want to upfront with you that this blog is a source of income for us. It is a business. This means that occasionally we will endorse products and services for income. We want you to know that we only intend to endorse products we use and would add value to your life and business. We value your trust and would no way endorse a product that we could not stand behind. We would not mislead your trust to make money. We appreciate your support.
I am grateful for your comments. Please keep your words upbeat and kind. We will delete negative and/or hurtful comments. Thank you for your understanding.